Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sunday

 An assortment of things found at the op shop;



The tag had $7 on this 'must have' sweater, but I got it down to $5 simply because I showed the lady at the counter a couple of pulled threads.  When I got it home, I pulled in the threads with a fine crochet hook - looks as good as new!  Remember this tip when you are looking at sweaters.  ;)





This is one of those things that left me stumped as to why I bought it.  Possibly because it came in it's own cute metal tin?  Maybe because the husbeast is into everything that has to do with car racing??  Maybe it was both.  I snapped it up for $4.  I rarely see metal toy cars at the op shop... they are usually all plastic and almost destroyed by its previous (child) owner.







I did some research on this gold spoon some time ago, and I did find some on eBay going for some astronomical price, and some cheaper.  I'm guessing the cheaper ones are/were replicas, but I really don't know what category my falls under.  I like to think that I scored one worth a mint.  LOL.  I paid 50 cents for this elegant spoon.




A vintage Gerber baby silver plated spoon for 50 cents. 
Silver can be so difficult to photograph sometimes! 






And finally, I just had to have these very sweet marble ducks.  At least I think they are marble... and if not, they are polished rock.  Found these for $1 each.  They measure about 2 inches across.  :)