Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wednesday

Freebie light shades found!  BUT.  You'll notice with the first three shades, there is nothing to hang them from the ceiling light fixture.  I often find them like this, and only in rare instances I find them WITH their own metal socket (is that what they are called?).  

When I do find them, I hang on to them like gold!  I've been to various lighting stores but all I'm usually told is 'no sorry we don't sell them'.  

I browse eBay occasionally and I do find a small amount of them... and they are either vintage or if they are new, they cost a heap and /or in another country.  And of course there is no guarantee that they will actually fit the light shade - even if it's a few millimeters too big, this could be disastrous for the poor shade! 





I had found this working lamp sitting outside a neighbours front yard amongst some other rubbish a few years back, but I'm not sure why I never posted about it.  Why somebody would throw out something like this, I'll never understand.

The glass panels you see were very different - they had a lovely red flower on each of the panels.  Then one day the lamp came crashing down from where I had placed it and my heart sort of collapsed as well.

Just recently I found these glass panels on the metal frame that somebody was tossing out and although it's supposed to be a ceiling shade, it fits just right on the lamp.  Aaahhh, everything is dandy again.  :)