Monday, April 4, 2011

Think before you squirm

It's possible that my disgusting, filthy, uncomprehendable habit of picking up other peoples garbage in front of their own property is either rubbing off on other people in a good way or making them vomit.  I'm sure there are snobs out there that think it's a disgusting thing to do, just as there are people out there cheering me on and wishing they could do the same.  And I'm not forgetting the people that do it and keep it to themselves and not tell a soul about their own little ventures - get over yourselves!  Each to their own, I say.

If you love the idea, then just do it as Nike suggests.  If you don't, then instead of being repulsed, at least be happy that it brings me (and my niece Rebecca) and a whole lot of other people joy to find some lovely and useful things that are cleanable.

To me at least, it's exactly like buying something from a second hand store.  Only difference might be that it's a little soiled, exposed to the outside elements for a day or at the very most a week and that it costs $0.   And if it is soiled then that's what water and bleach is for.  

Take other peoples kitchenware like plates and bowls for example.  All you need to do is wash and kill those germs, the germs we all have and live with in our own homes.  Don't forget this important piece of information!  The germs are with us all every second of the day.  Do not tell me your house and everything in it does not have germs.  The germs don't discriminate and don't care that you want to be the most hygienic person in the world - you aren't and you never will be.

So instead of fighting the idea, think about it instead.  Try it before you judge it.  

That's my 2 cents worth.

And now onto my next lot of freebies. 2 vacuum cleaner bags (but I don't own a Hoover), a bunch of cleaning products (yes, most of those were full!?!) and an unused Spiderman lunchbox.  I say unused because I couldn't find a scratch on it.  The first two things are a little ironic, don't you think?
Finding the things that I need to clean with is funny to me - but very much welcomed of course.