Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Crafting

I think I'm a crafty person.  I knit a lot, I try sewing but I know I'm not that great at it and I love to revamp a multitude of old things.  In the last few years I had been collecting crafty things, that is...  bits and pieces and junk that will help me transform things into something cuter than what it is.

Everything I've collected for the jobs is mostly in a cardboard box just waiting to explode out and be used.  I never seem to find the time to just sit down, breathe in and out, take out a project and just do it.  When I try, I frustratingly get half way and it ends up just sitting somewhere for weeks on end.
For once I'd like to just start and finish something in the one day.  I think I'm asking for too much.

A few things I've found at op shops and on peoples junk piles to help me with my future projects;



These little wooden feet were $1 each.  As soon as I saw them I knew what my project was 
going to be.  I have just about everything I need but I until I find a couple of things, these will 
have to sit and wait.


 $1 paint brush - an essential for crafting!


All of this fabric was $12, but there is a heap of it.  It's actually curtain material, but the plan is 
to make cushions for a couple of free cane chairs I picked up from the next door neighbours 
junk pile.  Thankfully their pile was close to our own council strip and it's unlikely they saw me.  
Then again, who cares if they did. 

Unopened contact plastic - free and on my dirty rug.  It guess it can come in handy.

Red crepe paper - free.  I'm thinking cute poppy flowers.

Jute bag with wooden handles - free.  The jute ended up being cut up for something I needed, 
and the handles are perfect for a knitting handbag project.  Sweet!


Broken mosaic mirror - free.  It's a shame it was cracked, othewise I would have 
used it in the bathroom.  The plan is to take off all the little glass bits and keep them 
for another mosaic project.

Lastly, a bunch of pens/pencils/paint/various stuff - free!