Thursday, April 28, 2011

9. Rue Fonteneau


I've hunted high and low (on the internet) to try and find where this wooden case has come from, but to no avail.  I've found wooden plates, clocks and a few other things with the exact design but absolutely nothing like this.  It stands at about 8 inches high, both sides say the same thing, it doesn't have any other writing on it and inside it's lined with a lovely dark chocolate brown velour material.

I love this little case, even though I don't know its history.  What I'd like to think is that somebody from Perth went to Paris for a holiday with their beloved, found that popular cafe', bought the case because they saw it on display above the cafe counter and just had to have it, then brought it back to Perth with them.  

Or they boringly ordered it through the internet.  My first thought is more romantic.  Cost was $10.