Monday, March 28, 2011

The Kimono Style

I have two kimono style jackets that I found at the op shop last year.  The green was $5 and the black was $8.  I do this when the garment has something I desperately need on it, such as beautiful buttons.  In this case, both jackets had lovely frog closures.  Green ones on the green kimono and black ones on the black kimono, both very needed for a couple of future knitting projects.

The black one really isn't my style and would never wear it, but the green one can be worn as a night or morning gown.  It makes me feel quite elegant walking around in the house with it on, I assure you.

Apart from those, the only other clothing I buy is jeans, which I have found for $4 - $6 each).  I don't look at skirts at all because I usually make my own and / or they're given to me.  Shoes - never, ever have and never will.  Occasionally I will buy a hand-made woolen or cotton (no acrylic please) sweater for a few bucks (if it's half price day - even better!) to unravel and reuse for my own original designs.  Now that's what I call thrifty!