Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On the road side is where the action is.

Somebody else's trash is always somebody else's treasure.  As usual, my niece Rebecca was with me when I found these things waiting to be picked up by the council dumpster trucks:







Rebecca nearly had puppies when I found the wall paper.  She loved it so much that she made me open it up (it was still in the original plastic wrapper!) and cut her off about a metre.  She insisted that she knew how she could use it and how much she couldn't believe that she didn't find it first (the shear audacity... ha!) and blah, blah, blah.  All along I was snickering under my breath, but in a good way.

The blanket was (and still is... because it's stinking hot these days and not a warm piece of fiber shall touch my body yet!) clean & didn't smell at all.  Still, it's better to clean things after you find them, right?  It fits perfectly on our QS bed perfectly.  Can you believe somebody actually threw this out?  Oh, the wastefulness is almost unbearable.