Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I care about my free bear

I snapped up a free 'Cheer' Care Bear that somebody was actually tossing away!  Look at her.... how can anybody throw something like this away?  Some peoples way of thinking is beyond my comprehension.

I recently sold her to an avid Care Bear collector for a nice little price.  She actually got her father to drive her from somewhere outside of Perth, a couple of hours away!!  

I thought it a bit strange traveling that far just for a stuffed toy, but when she came to pick it up, she looked around 13 years old, bright red hair, taller than me (I'm just over 5 foot tall) and was elated with the bear.   She asked if I knew anybody that sold more and if I could keep an eye out for them.  How sweet.... but to pass the work back onto her, I mentioned that ebay had a few and again, she was thrilled to know that!

Goodbye my Cheerful Care Bear friend, I shall miss you.... but so glad you've gone to a very good and loving home.