Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wednesday

Furga love of dolls.... 

I had a few dolls when I was a wee lass, but I don't remember being overly obsessed with them.  One special doll is this pretty ' Furga' which was given to me in 1970 (or was is 1971?) at the ripe age of 4, when the family arrived in Australia... all the way from Italy via ship.  I was told that the gift was from the actual ship company and apparently the little angels were given dolls and the little tyrants where given something else.  Everything was a blur back then on that big ol' ship along with very few vivid memories etched into my mind.  I don't remember receiving the doll, but I remember flashes of my father being ill on the bed.  I don't remember eating or sleeping or anything else for that matter, but I remember wearing an inflatable yellow life saving suit, not to mention remembering being petrified of having it on.  

Funny how we sometimes remember the more upsetting things from our childhood.

Today this doll doesn't have the original clothing and I have no clue why, but my dear mother did make a little outfit years ago to cover her shame.  The reason you see her naked is because I had washed her clothes before taking the shots.  She has a scar on her tummy from some kind of abuse, but I like to think that it was from tummy surgery long ago.  ;)  I still think she's pretty, after all these years.  And look at that massive hair!