Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thursday

It's the Australia Day holiday today, and it's stinking hot like it has been for days and days AND DAYS now.  I don't think I can stand it anymore.  Holiday or no holiday, I just want to hibernate in the fridge until summer goes away.


Onto more pleasant things...

Remember my free oil painting and wooden frame story?  
If not, read here;
and here;

I've finally made some progress since then.  All I need to do now is paint the fancy edge gold, then hang in up.  Yay for me!

The wood stain ended up being a little darker than I wanted, but I still like it.  And as you can see, the stain seeped through to the fancy edge even though I prepped like mad before hand!  It matters not, because it is going to be painted gold anyway.


Before staining the frame...
 


After staining the frame...