Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday

Back in the early 1980's, I did something a little naughty.  I didn't think it was naughty then because I was young and silly, but I knew it all too well that it certainly was as the years rolled by.


A particular magazine had an advert - it stated that I could order some little brass goodies, and if I wasn't completely satisfied I could send them back and get a full refund.


So I ordered them.  After I received the items, I 'forgot' to pay for them.  By that I'm sure you know fully what I mean.  I put the whole thing out of my head, expecting another invoice to arrive saying 'PAY UP OR ELSE!'  That invoice never came, and the years flew by.  


These are the little brass items that I 'stole' (with dust): 

 

 

Is it really stealing, I ask myself?  Was it wrong?  Yes to both questions.
Isn't it also their own fault for forgetting to send me that second 'firmly worded' invoice?  I say yes.  We are both at fault.  

Never mind.... I put it all down to learning the complexities of life, and more.  Needless to say that I never did anything like that every again and never will.