Friday, May 20, 2011

And then there was free light

If you're like me (and Rebecca, my niece) and you find free lighting and you have a husband/boyfriend/partner/friend that can do some illegal electrical work, then good for you!!  By the way, I don't condone doing your own electrical work if you don't have an electricians license because it is VERY dangerous... but my darling husband is a jack of all trades and can just about perform miracles, thank goodness and yay for me. 



Glass light shades; the white one had a few small rust marks but they're all gone now and looks as good as new.   I love how the clear one has a million teeny little bubbles in it.


 




This boy is really heavy!  Unique and fascinating and I'd love to find out more about it.  Can't find a thing though....


Rebecca and I found two of these, we took one each and now she doesn't want hers anymore so she's passing it onto me - woohoo!



 I think this one is very pretty and sweet... looks like a kind of 80's style because of the colour, don't you think?  Still, I really love it.





This one is either copper or brass.  I always get confused with the two.... but the more I look at it, the more I steer toward copper.  Yes, three glass shades are needed for this.




Rebecca raced for this one, but then she passed it onto me - the doll that she is.





Funnily, this was being thrown out a few houses away from me about a year ago.  I grew tired of its not so pretty look, so I dismantled it as much as possible to keep the 'spare parts', which always come in handy... let me tell you!  The rest went to goodwill.




These are very heavy.  I think I'm too frightened of putting them up because of that - don't know why.  I like how it has lead amongst the glass.





A simple little thing also in need of glass 3 shades.  One day I'll find them, I'm sure.




Last but certainly not least...this light stand didn't have the plastic shade on it - I just plonked it on there for looks, or maybe lack of.  It wasn't working when I found it, but the trusty husbeast fixed it.  I plan on making my own shade for this and it's either going to look spectacular or it will be a downright flop.  My imagination tells me to use alaminium soda cans in a particular way.  I shall not say too much more in case it does work out, then everyone will start copying my idea.  NO NO NO, I do not want people to cash in on my original ideas!!!


So there you go lovely people.... amazing, isn't it?   I love folks that throw out their good lighting.  Please never stop doing that.  ;)