Friday, July 15, 2011

Ding Dong, Avon Calling...

Who remembers that advert on TV many, MANY years ago?  Now that's showing my age!! 

I come from the Avon era.  Specifically from the 70's.   I had a sister that sold Avon products back then.  I remember each time we celebrated a birthday, or at Christmas time... we'd get something cool from Avon!  I was only a little girl back then, so the things I received were children products.  And boy, did we get a lot of nice stuff!  Well, as the years faded away we sadly received less and less.  

By the early 80's Avon was going out of style, well it was in our family.   I kept certain things for a few years, some things I actually threw away... or maybe empty bottles were thrown away for me (my parents) which breaks my heart today.  Why does it break my heart?  Because I now collect old Avon products.  For me, it's not about what it could be worth because no fortune would or could be made - but rather for the nostalgia and the memories.  

I sometimes browse Ebay to see what's out there and I'm always surprised that they either don't sell (much), or they want some astronomical price for it.  I sometimes see things that I used to have and it simply makes me want to cry.  But I have a seeeecccrreeetttt........

I've been finding Avon treasures at the op shops and I'm always surprised when I do.  Today I'm showing you a couple of things which I found earlier this year;

Glass soap dish for $2.  As far as I can remember, this came with a soap.  Unfortunately I found it with no soap.  It's still a lovely piece.




 I'm not sure if this is ceramic or porcelain, but this 'Spring' egg is very cute.  They also sold 'Winter', 'Spring' and 'Fall' in different designs but I've not found those - - yet!  It was only $2.




I will show more lovely Avon products in the very near future.  :)