Friday, November 4, 2011

It's a lighting frenzy!

Free lighting apparatus.  How many lights can one have?  I've gone a little overboard with my collection yet there is something so captivating about them,  I really do need to pick them up.  

Ok, I don't use all the ones I find and a lot of them are for spare parts, which means I strip them down and toss away what I don't need.  Thankfully less apparatus means more space in my cupboards!

On with the lighting show...



These are lovelier than they look in the photo.  Most of the parts are there, but that pesky brown paint on the edge a little on the hideous side - and I can tell it was hand painted (absolutely no artistic flare was found!).  I will attempt to erase that ugliness with paint stripper and hope that it doesn't eat away at the glass.




I picked this up for the lovely white and gold ceramic part.





Not the prettiest shade, and I might just spray paint it and sand down the base... then Bob's my uncle.





This didn't have one scratch on it.





My favourite... and it reminds me of the roaring 1920 with its bold Art Deco style.  She's a big and heavy lady indeed.




If you look closely, you will see dust clinging to it... but believe me this photo was taken AFTER I cleaned it.  Black is the worst colour for cleaning, especially black ceramic!




And lastly, the ugliest of them all....