Thursday, September 8, 2011

Estee, I will always love you.

Aaahh, the 80's... those were the good old days.  I remember when I first started using Clinique products back then.  Everything was about Clinique.  When I had started using it, I had a mild acne problem.  It was only weeks after using the 1-2-3 step products, that my acne cleared right up.  Completely gone and never to return again!

I was so very happy with the results, I switched to it's mother - Estee Lauder.  Estee for me was expensive back then, but worth every penny and thankfully I was working full time.

Today I could care less about skin care in general and I will use anything as long as it makes me feel and look good.  Unfortunately there is no miracle product out there, but we still buy and wish for the best, don't we?  Well, you can't fool me anymore with fancy packaging and false promises.  I now prefer to grow old naturally and gracefully.

When I found a soap bar for $1.99 a few months back, Estee Lauder AND Clinique memories came flooding back again.  They made the soaps in the early 80's, but stopped in the late 80's, I believe.

Could I have the one and only Estee soap left in the world today?

Here is an old ad I found from the 80's....




And here is my soap.  The soap was still sealed in the clear plastic wrapper, but I took it off to clearly show you what it looks like.  Yay for op shops!