Saturday, September 17, 2011

A very special plate

What started my fascination with plates?  I can answer that quite easily and quickly.  It was well over 5 years ago when my father and I were at a shopping center, walking along and browsing before we got to our destination.  We spotted the shop named 'Thingz' and stopped to have a look at what they had for sale on the outside of the store.  

My eyes went straight to a gorgeous bunch of plates.  I commented on how pretty the plates were, so he quickly bought me one.  Now, that action in itself is special, isn't it?  This plate has such HUGE sentimental value to me, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I (or anybody else!) ever accidentally broke it.  Yes, it's THAT special to me.

Here is my gorgeous Il bacio (the kiss) plate;





Onto some other pretty op shops finds...


This little soap dish is just adorable, at only $1;





Two towel hooks, both for $4 and bought because of the old time shabbiness look to them, which I simply love.  I later found out that they are part of a bathroom accessories set, by the pottery makers 'Wagner & Ryder Australian Pottery'... and somewhat vintage in age;





And these cute little pots right here, I love them to bits, $4 for both;