Monday, October 31, 2011

Free wooden stuff

Wood.  I love wood.  I've always admired wood and how one can build and paint it and make it look fantabulous.  I have dreams for these freshly found free pieces... or illusions of grandeur if you will;



An old tool box.  My niece actually picked this up, but when we got home she passed it onto me (with some kind of disgust - lol).  I'm thinking -:
Use paint stripper to remove the brown pain on the sides
Sand it down as much as possible
Paint a cute flower design on it 
Varnish it to protect it from the elements
... and place 3 little pot plants inside.


 

Out come the useless guts, including the rotting bottom.  I can easily cut a new piece of wood to fit;




My very own treasure chest!  I was excited when I found this... it's not large, but it's quite heavy.
I'm not going to attempt to paint it because it's supposed to look a bit shabby, but I might varnish it for a bit of protection;




Magazines fit perfectly inside;

 



And it's on wheels! 


Now, I find this next find was very exciting although you wouldn't think just by looking at that 'picture frame mess'.  A few months back I posted about an oil painting which I found (yes, free).  I had been hunting around for a frame at the op shops now and then, but wasn't that desperate.  I had been keeping the painting on a book holder on the ground but it really needed to be hung up proudly on a wall.  Well guess what??  One of these frames is the perfect size for the painting!  In all honesty, I gasped with delight when I plonked it in there and was totally amazed. 



So I started to sand it down...



Very nice wood grain, but I do have plans to paint it;



I'm off to do a little crafty thinking folks, until next time... ciao for now.  :)