Monday, October 10, 2011

The uglier side of free.

One can't be too naive... you can't always find 'nice' for free out there.  BUT, one can try to make ugly a little more prettier.   For example, my niece picked up this fine piece of furniture - a little shelf stand.  


When she looked at it a little closer later on, she passed it onto me because it wasn't as attractive as she first thought it was.    I was going to trash it for her, but then got to thinking.... can I fix it and make it look attractive somehow?

Well, I can certainly try.  I've already dismantled it and I even used paint stripper to clean off the old varnish.  Easy enough.  

Unfortunately one shelf must have been exposed to water / rain because the wood (chip board I think) is a little puffed up in certain areas.  I will no doubt post about this little gem in the near future if all goes to plan!