Sunday, October 2, 2011

Never ending freebies...

Free, free, free!  Everything should be free.  Donchathink? LOL!

Beautiful sheer pink fabric.  This lovely thing had a small hole near one of the edges so I neatly cut off a couple of inches on that end and hey presto - as good as new. 





My niece and I ended finding two of these tea light holder lanterns in so-so condition... so thankfully we didn't fighter over just one.  I ended up spray painting mine with chrome paint.  ;)  
I saw them a few months later at Ikea for $5. 



Have a Christmas drink in one of these!  Not a chip or crack found on this glass.






Lastly, about those egg cups I was talking about yesterday...

I remember my dear mother would on occasions serve me a soft boiled eggs in egg cups - I 'vaguely' remember the ones below in the photo specifically.  As I grew older, the egg cups came out less and less until I saw them no more, then one day earlier this year my mother gave them to me (or rather, I found them hiding in a cupboard she had asked me to clean out a little and I SQUEEED and mentioned that I collect egg cups now!).  

You may see a set of 6, but that's not how it was when she passed them on to me.   A few months before they were given to me, my niece and I were browsing in an op shop.  She found one egg cup just like those!  BUT, when she found it my eyes glazed over a tad and I was trying to think where I'd seen that design before.  Oh dear!  How on earth could I forget that lovely little design?  So when mine were passed onto me, I finally remembered THAT design.

I then nearly begged my niece to pass the one she had found onto me to complete my set - and she graciously did and I'll be forever grateful for that.  I promised her that if I ever find another, she'll get hers back. :)  Now if you look very carefully -clicky-clicky on the photo-, I bet you can figure out which one it is.  Simply because (sometimes) details from one particular set will not always be the same as another.