Saturday, August 13, 2011

Looking and smelling good for free

How do you know when somebody has gone a little nuts?  They throw out their skin care, make up and perfume!

This was one of those jaw dropping incidences... I grabbed a bag full of 'stuff' somebody was tossing and when I had a look at the contents in the privacy of my own home - it simply amazed me.  Oh and when I say bag, I mean a not so bad looking hand bag.  It had a broken zip, but that was easily fixed.  

Maybe this poor lady was having a bad boyfriend or husband day and tossed it out in a fit of rage, or she simply gave up looking good and smelling nice.  hehe.


The bag after washing.  Not a rip, nor a scratch on it;






The skin care, some still sealed, some opened;







Although it's a little powdery inside, this eyeshadow is unused - love the colours!




These are all sealed, and there is a Nutrimetics soap in there which I can't find the heart to open;


And the mini perfume.  I used White Linen in the 1980's, and it does bring back nostalgic memories for me.   I had forgotten how fresh, crisp and clean it smells.




Never in a hundred years did I think I'd find a an Avon product. (still with talc still inside!) This one's from the early 1980's;




Amongst all that, I found a couple of old shoes (YES I did throw them in the bin), an ink pad and a turtle rubber stamp, a metal butterfly ring and a couple of empty perfume bottles which I forgot to photograph.